Why the Clínica Universidad de Navarra
Spain’s only facility contained within an inpatient cancer center, with extensive support for patient care, academic work and research
The very nature of our Hospital as a teaching and research center brings added value to the Proton Therapy Unit, which is further strengthened through its integration within a cancer center in a general hospital with two closely coordinated sites offering the most advanced diagnostic technology, services and the latest progress in cancer treatment.
All this means we can offer the most effective combinations for each tumor, making personalized medicine a reality.
The Proton Therapy Unit features one of the most advanced technologies in the world, a Hitachi synchrotron, which is installed at 27 academic centers worldwide, including international references in cancer treatment. Some 100,000 patients have been treated with synchrotrons globally, among which 60,000 were treated with Hitachi synchrotrons.
Do you need us to help you?
Complete this form and our specialists will contact you to discuss the case.
An international reference center for fighting cancer
Treating over 8,600 patients per year, the Cancer Center Clínica Universidad de Navarra has accumulated almost 40 years of experience at the forefront of personalized cancer medicine.
We are the first facility in Spain integrated within an inpatient cancer center, with extensive patient-care, academic and research support.
The Hitachi synchrotron, used in international reference hospitals in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, guarantees minimum irradiation times, great precision in tumor inactivation and the highest levels of safety and comfort for patients.
Our professionals are internationally renowned in cancer treatment, with extensive proton therapy training, and they have produced impressive scientific output in clinical and translational radiotherapy innovation.
The world’s 50 best hospitals
According to Newsweek, the Clínica Universidad de Navarra is one of the 50 best hospitals in the world.
Cancer Center Clínica Universidad de Navarra
- Access to the most advanced oncology treatments.
- Personalized treatment designed using all the available precision therapies.
- Access to clinical trials.
- Research center in new indications and therapeutic improvements, with the support of CIMA (Center for Applied Medical Research) translational resources.
- Tradition of leadership in implementing the most advanced techniques in precision radiotherapy.
- Due to its academic nature, the Hospital has a professional team that undergoes continuous training, while also sharing their expertise.